The Best Crossover SUV for the Money
There are many purchases we make throughout our lifetimes, some not so big, and others that can be expensive. Some of the more expensive purchases we make are for our vehicles, which can get pretty pricey, depending on the makes and models. Some models have features that you don’t really need, while others don’t have the features that you really want. It is important when you are purchasing any vehicle, including a crossover SUV, that you really do your homework and take a lot of test drives. After all, you want to know that you are getting the best crossover SUV for the money.
Popular Crossover SUV Models
There are a number of crossover SUVs available on the market today. There are many things to consider when buying any SUV, and one of the more important things is size. If you are looking for a full size model, you may be interested in looking at the GMC Yukon. This has a wide range of accessories, and when you use this vehicle, you can be sure that you are using one that has great performance and rides really nicely. The fuel consumption is not the greatest, as this is a 6.0 liter V8 engine, but the mileage improves with the smaller hybrid gas/electric motor, which offers 21mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. You can get a basic Yukon, or opt for all of the bells and whistles that make this nearly a luxury vehicle. Other popular crossover SUVs include:
- Toyota Rav4 – This is a very popular SUV, and one of the smaller models, making it easy on gas. The interior is quite basic, but this is a roomy enough vehicle for those who want an SUV, but not something that is too huge to navigate. These SUVs begin at about $21,000, and can go up to about $25,000 for a fully loaded model, and mileage is excellent, with 18 mpg in the city and 23 mpg in the highway.
- Ford Escape Hybrid – This is a very fuel efficient vehicle, and should be on the list for best crossover SUV for the money. This hybrid has excellent ride quality and handling, and has one of the best integrated communication/entertainment/navigational systems on the market today, Microsoft SYNC. You will get 34 mpg while driving in the city, and 31 mpg on the highway. This vehicle runs between $29,000 and $32,000, and is a good choice if you want the best crossover SUV for the money.
- Nissan Murano – This is a mid-size crossover vehicle that ranges in price between $26,000 and $36,000. It is a fun vehicle that has plenty of style, and comes standard with all of the safety features you want in any vehicle. You will get about 18 mpg in the city, and 23 mpg while driving on the highway.
- Land Rover LR2 – This is one of the more expensive crossover SUVs out there, being considered a luxury model, but it is one that deserves mention here. Starting at $35,000, this may not be the best choice if you are strapped for cash, but if it is affordable for you, you will get a great deal on a luxury family vehicle. Gas mileage is approximately 15 mpg in the city, and 22 mpg on the highway, and this SUV has all the bells and whistles that more expensive luxury vehicles have, without all of the added expense.
- Honda CR-V – This crossover SUV has been rated as one of the more reliable vehicles of its kind, and if you are looking for a great deal, this is the best SUV crossover for the money. Beginning at around $21,000, the Honda CR-V offers 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway, and it comes with all of the features you could ever want in an SUV.
- Honda Pilot – This is a crossover SUV that is an exceptionally good deal, starting at around $27,000. You get great fuel economy with this vehicle, with 17 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. This is a good vehicle for families on the go, as it is roomy enough for the entire family, and everything that you have to lug along with you, even on family vacations.
No matter what you ultimately choose for your next vehicle, it is important that you learn about the various vehicles you are looking at, and take many out for test drives. If you are looking for a crossover SUV, make sure that the models you look at all have the standard safety features that you need, and perhaps even a few extra features thrown in for good measure. Once you have done your homework, you can be guaranteed that you will get the best crossover SUV for the money.
- Acura Crossover SUV
- 8 Passenger Crossover
- 6 Passenger SUV
- 7 Passenger Crossover Vehicles
- Best 2011 Crossover